Register a birth
Have you just become father or mother? Congratulations! You should register your baby's birth within 3 days at the municipality where the child was born. Is the third day a Saturday, Sunday or holiday? Then you can do the registering on the first working day afterwards. You can make an appointment for the birth registering online via the button below.
Make an appointment to register a birth (Dutch only)
The father or duo-mother can make a birth registering. Are they unable to do this? Then it must be done by someone who was attending the birth. Was no one there at the birth? Then the birth registering can be done by:
- a resident of the house in which the child was born
- the head of the institute (for example hospital) where the child was born
- the mayor or a designated official
If you can't make an appointment within 3 days, please contact us. In that case we will make an emergency appointment with you: 14 0492 (from abroad: +31 (0)492-587777).
What you need to make a registering of birth:
- a valid ID (your own)
- a valid ID of the mother of the child
- newborn data
- a copy of the instrument of recognition of unborn child (if applicable). You received this copy during your recognition appointment
- your wedding booklet (if applicable). Has your child been born in Elkerliek Hospital? Then bring the birth card with you
Birth registering does not cost anything. Do you want an excerpt from the birth certificate? For this you pay €14,00 (rate 2021). You pay this amount when applying.