Moving (within/to Helmond)
Are you moving from a different municipality to Helmond? Or are you moving to a different address within Helmond? Please report this to us. You can notify your move with a maximum of 4 weeks in advance, but no later than 5 days after you have moved. If you notify us of the move later, we will register you on the date we receive your notification.
Are you going to live together? When you live with someone else, you must have written permission. This permission will accompany you if you pass the move.
Are you moving to the Netherlands from abroad? See the related product 'Registration in the Netherlands' at the bottom of this page.
- Apply your move online (Dutch only, DigiD required)
- Make an appointment for a change of address within Helmond (Dutch only)
- Make an appointment for a change of address from another municipality (Dutch only)
- Download the letter of authorization (PDF, Dutch only)
Not everyone can or may pass a move. The following persons can pass a move:
- Yourself, if you are 16 years of age or older
- A parent, guardian or caregiver for minor children who migrate
- Cohabiting spouses / registered partners for each other (only if they move to the new address together)
- Cohabiting parents and grandchildren for each other (only if they move to the new address together)
- The curator for a person who has been placed under curtails
- A minor who is authorized to do so in writing
You can digitally transfer your move via the button or at the desk of the city hall. If you digitally submit your move, sign in with DigiD. Your information has already been filled in. We will review a digital application the next business day. A few days after the specified moving date, you will receive a written confirmation of your new address.
If you are authorized: you need a completed letter of authorization and a copy of the passport or ID-card of both persons. If we ask you to send additional documents, you can e-mail them to email@example.com. Please mention the case number.
You can notify your move with a maximum of 4 weeks in advance, but no later than 5 days after you have moved. If you submit the move later, we will sign you in to the date we receive your move.
Passing your change of address is free.